Eye Exams at Discover Vision Center: The First Step to LASIK in Kansas City
Make an appointment for a consultation with a LASIK surgeon if you’re thinking about having eye surgery. Your suitability for the surgery and what to anticipate throughout the process will be determined during this initial meeting.
- Evaluation of Your Eye Health: Your surgeon will begin your lasik kc consultation by assessing your general eye health. This entails testing for glaucoma, cataracts, and dry eye syndrome, among other disorders. the candidacy for LASIK may be impacted by any pre-existing eye conditions, which the surgeon will go over with you.
- Complete Eye Test: You should anticipate a complete eye test to gauge your visual acuity and establish your prescription. In order to determine whether you are a candidate for LASIK, your surgeon will also assess the thickness and curvature of your cornea.
- Discussion of LASIK Candidacy: Your surgeon will explain whether you are an appropriate candidate for LASIK based on the evaluation and examination results. If LASIK is not advised, they will offer alternatives and discuss the procedure’s possible benefits and hazards.
- Individualized Treatment Plan: If your surgeon determines that you are a good candidate for LASIK, he or she will develop a customized treatment strategy based on the unique features of your eyes and your vision requirements. This involves deciding on the best LASIK technique for your situation.
Things to Get Clear About Before the Surgery:
- What Is Your Experience with LASIK Surgery?
- What is the LASIK success rate at your facility?
- What is your experience with LASIK surgery?
- Which LASIK technique will be applied during my procedure?
- How long should recovery take, and what kind of post-operative care is needed?
- What potential dangers and issues could arise from LASIK?
- Do you have testimonials from LASIK patients in the past?
- Are there financial options or insurance coverage available for LASIK?
- How much does LASIK surgery cost, and are follow-up appointments included?
- Pre-operative Instructions: Your surgeon will give you thorough pre-operative instructions, some of which may require you to give up using contact lenses, certain medications, or eye makeup prior to the procedure. Following these guidelines is essential to a successful LASIK treatment.
- Expectations discussion: Your LASIK surgeon will go over your expectations for the procedure’s results. It’s crucial to have clear expectations and a thorough comprehension of the prospective vision improvements.
- Setting Up Your LASIK Surgery: If you opt to have LASIK, you can arrange a date for the procedure during the appointment. On the day of the operation in discover vision center, your surgeon will go over the post-operative instructions with you.