The Perfect Measuring of Blood Glucose
Blood pressure can only be measured by measuring. Blood pressure does not “feel” and high blood pressure is often asymptomatic. Each adult should know their own blood pressure level. If there is a suspicion of elevated blood pressure during the one-time measurement, the actual pressure level will be determined by home measurements. Blood pressure is measured twice a week in the morning and in the evening. It means measuring your blood pressure twice in a row every 1-2 minutes. The actual level is the average of the measurements taken during the week.
How the Calculator Works
A blood pressure calculator is recommended to measure blood pressure. A wrist gauge is recommended only if the correct cuff size is not available for the upper arm. For a reliable reading, the cuff should be the right size. A cuff that is too small gives a higher reading than the actual pressure, while a cuff that is too large gives a lower reading.
A blood pressure monitor is a good partner as long as you use it properly. Sit in your seat for five minutes before measuring your blood pressure and remember: mouth to mouth.
Here’s how to properly measure your blood pressure:
- You can make a measurement with either hand. As a rule, right-handed ones measure with the left hand, and left-handed ones measure with the right.
- Ensure that the measurement environment is quiet, fast and warm.
- Half an hour before the measurement, avoid heavy physical activity, smoking, caffeine-containing drinks and heavy meals.
- Put the cuff around your upper arm and sit for 5 minutes.
- Measure your blood pressure, repeat after 1-2 minutes.
- Do not speak or move during measurement, do not monitor meter readings.
- Record the readings on your blood pressure chart.
- Bring your blood pressure measurements with your doctor or nurse.
It is good to monitor your blood pressure from childhood. This is important for getting the blood pressure up as soon as the readings start to rise. If the readings are elevated, the blood pressure monitor should be started every few months, at least four days in a row. Even those with no high readings should measure about once a year.
Check your home meter
Home meters and health center self-test points give reliable results, as long as you follow the instructions given and the meter has been found to be reliable. It is a good idea to calibrate a good home meter at a pharmacy or health center every 2-3 years. The instrument manufacturers also perform calibrations. Good blood pressure is less than 130/85 mmHg (millimeters of mercury).
Medication is usually started when readings rise above 160/100. Prior to that, let’s try lifestyle livelihoods: reducing salt, alcohol and tobacco use, increasing exercise and losing weight.
This is how you measure correctly
- Monitor your pressure in the morning and evening for at least four consecutive days.
- 2 . Use an approved meter for neutral tests, the upper arm is the most reliable.
- Avoid exercise, smoking, coffee, tea or cola drinks half an hour before measurement.
- Sit back for 5 to 10 minutes before turning on the meter.
- Support the backrest, keeping the forearm at the height of the heart, for example on a table.
Do not speak during measurement
Record the results. If the readings are elevated, repeat the measurement every 1 to 3 months. For others, monitoring once a year is sufficient.