Finer Choices for the Best Acupuncture Processes
Acupuncture, the Chinese age-old practice, is quite popular in Brazil for providing symptom relief, supplementing medical treatment and bringing physical and emotional well-being to patients. The technique uses needles to activate nerve and glandular centers in the body, improving blood flow and boosting immune function.
Many professionals want to perform this technique but have questions about who can do acupuncture. Is it a practice restricted to doctors only? Can nurses, physiotherapists and people in other areas also work with needle therapy in health promotion?
If you also seek the answer to this question, you have come to the right place. In this post we explain better what acupuncture is, how it works, its benefits and who can act in the area. Follow and see also how to choose a quality specialization in this segment with the best centers for acupuncture Delta.
What is acupuncture?
It is a set of therapeutic techniques inspired by oriental medical traditions, which uses very thin needles to stimulate the body’s energy channels – called meridians. The purpose of this technique is to balance one’s vital energy, as any imbalance can cause illness, dysfunction, and emotional problems.
In Brazil, acupuncture is very popular, being offered even by the Unified Health System (SUS) in the set of integrative practices. Thus, it is a segment of activity with good professional perspectives – both in public and private.
How does the technique work?
If you want to know who can do acupuncture you need to understand how therapy works. By stimulating nerve endings in the skin and tissues, messages are sent to the brain, triggering different effects on the body, which contributes, for example, to relieving pain, fighting insomnia or anxiety.
What happens is the activation of points that release chemicals (neurotransmitters), such as serotonin. The result is an analgesic effect or anti-inflammatory action that promotes physical and emotional well-being.
Relieving pain such as migraine is one of the known effects of acupuncture. However, in addition to these cases, there are a number of diseases and health problems that can be treated through this practice with needles such as:
- Pictures of anxiety
- pain in the musculoskeletal system
- menstrual disorders
- Reduction of side effects of chemotherapies and radiotherapies
- Facial paralysis
What are the benefits of this practice?
Acupuncture has spread throughout Western countries as an alternative treatment because of the benefits that activation of specific points on the body provides for physical and mental health.
Check out the effects of Chinese needle therapy:
- Reduction of pain – endorphin production with analgesic effect in the body
- Changes in the immune system – the stimulation of energy channels stimulates the production of substances that activate the body’s defense cells
- Changes in neurotransmitters – stimulus in the production of substances such as serotonin and norepinephrine that promote well-being
- Dilatation of blood vessels – allows a more effective effect of medicines, favoring their circulation throughout the body
- Endocrine disorders – improves the concentration of hormones such as cortisone, which acts against inflammation.