Ear Evaluation and Assessment Tests to Detect and Treat Hearing Disorders
Ear evaluation and assessment are the most successful ways to assess the quality of hearing, detect hearing disorders at early stages, and offer different rehabilitation treatments and suggestions in order to treat hearing disorders. Some of the most common hearing disorders that affect the quality of hearing include:
- Auditory Processing Disorder
Having said that, these disorders can be treated at reputable clinics like Audiologie Centre-Ouest with the help of the following techniques and screenings.
Assessment Services and Tests for Vertigo
- VNG (Videonystagmography) – one of the most popular detection tests.
- Oculomotor assessment – involves a series of visual tests.
- Oscillopsia assessment – detects postural stability.
- Benign paroxysmal positional vertigo (BPPV)
Audiologists suggest the following treatments and correction rehabilitation solutions based upon the results. The 4 different services that are offered for correction, depending upon the severity, are as follows.
- Repositioning Maneuver for BPPV treatment.
- Initial Vestibular Rehab technique for mild disability.
- Personalized Vestibular Rehab Plan for moderate disability.
- Long-term Personalized Rehab plan for severe disability.
Assessment Services and Tests for Tinnitus
The assessment begins with you filling a TFI questionnaire. This questionnaire is designed to help audiologists determine the extent and advancement of the disorder. Once the experts are able to find out the TFI score, they offer the following solutions.
- Zen therapy that’ll help you in dealing with stress that’s a common side-effect of the inability of dealing with tinnitus in the advanced stages.
- Meditation sessions to deal with anxiety.
Whichever therapy that’s advised for you to follow has one end goal – decreasing the perception of tinnitus – since tinnitus cannot be reversed. In other words, all tinnitus therapies intend to help you cope up and live with tinnitus.
Some of the most common results of such tinnitus treatments are:
- Better sleep quality.
- Lesser anxiety.
- Increased concentration.
- Ability to focus better.
- Controlling tinnitus so that it doesn’t get any worse than it currently is.
Assessment Services and Tests for Auditory Processing Disorder
APD is a specific kind of disorder where the patient has normal hearing within the auditory range – 20 hz to 20 khz. What’s compromised in this disorder is the ability to perceive a specific skill set like the inability to detect and perceive auditory patterns.
The best treatment that’s suggested in such cases is using an FM (for children) so that the ears can be trained to identify and perceive the auditory message despite the background noise.
The takeaways from the guide?
It’s necessary to take care of your ears with the help of periodic assessments so that hearing disorders can be detected and treated as soon as possible.