There are no actual cure for acne. Different skin suit different products and hence produce a different impact as well. Depending on the seriousness of your acne, dematologist may prescribe topical or oral medication. The most common ones are :
- Topical retinoids – Retin A, Differin, Tazorac
- Topical or oral antibiotics
- Benzoyl peroxide
- Birth Control Pills for hormonal treatment
When the right treatment are done, your skin will gradually heal.
Other kind of acne treatment include procedural acne treatments
- Comedo extractions: it is often done at a beauty salon during facial by a certified esthetician. For severe acne like cysts or lesions is best done by a dematologist through surgical methods as extreme forcing may hurt the skin and leave scars behind.
- Chemical Peels: Peels help to improve or smoothen your skin texture. Normally this kind treatment exfoliate your skin using AHAs or TCAs. This kind of treatment is most commonly done for lightening acne scars and wrinkles
- Microdebrasion: it is commonly done at beauty salon. This treatment use a machine that rapidly discharge super-fine crystals over the skin’s surface. It is suitable for blackheads and whiteheads but not inflammed, red pimples with pus.
- Phototherapy: This treatment involve using light or laser. It can treat all stages of acne. The light can be adjusted to the severity of your skin. Any laser or peels done after that is best to use sunblock after that. This is to prevent pigmentation from forming.
- Corticosteroid injections: Dematologist will inject a cyst with Corticosteroid. It speed up the healing process, reduce inflammation and the chances of scarring after it heal.