If you are over weight , it means you are taking in more calories than your body can use up. These surplus calories are eventually stored up as fat in the body. Weight loss can be achieved easily and effectively by increasing the output of calories. Every action in our body like sleeping, breathing, eating or walking needs energy. If you eat and drink more than the energy you need, all unused energy gets converted into fat and is stored in the body.
Easy ways for weight loss:
- If you want weight loss you have to change your eating habits. There is no such thing as slimming food, everything you eat and drink other than water contains at least some amount of calories. So whatever food you consume and that is not used will eventually be stored as fat.
- Weight loss can be achieved quickly by consuming less calories than your body needs. This way the reserve stock of fat will be burnt by the body.
- Normally women need about 2000 calories and men about 2500 calories. But a 1000 calorie limit will help people who do not lead a very active life, and a 1500 calories diet for a person who leads an active life. And sticking to this method for some time will help burn your reserved fat and help lose weight in a short time. This method is easy to follow but try to keep half your calories reserved for proteins, vitamins and food rich in minerals.
- Prepare a chart with low calorie foods, from that chart choose food and eat. That way you get to eat a lot.
- Another way is to set a weekly calorie limit for yourself. So that in case you consume more calories on a particular day due to unavoidable circumstances you can balance it the next day.
- A low carbohydrate diet is another way of losing weight effectively.
- Try to limit yourself to 50 grams of carbohydrates per day, which equals to 200 calories. Green vegetables are rich in minerals and vitamins but poor ion carbohydrates so they have low calorie value.
- If you feel like having a bar of chocolate it is okay, if for the rest of the day you do not eat anything which contains carbohydrates.
- A sensible long term target of losing weight should be about 80 grams of fat a week for which you need a total calorie deficit of about 7000 calories a week.
- Keep a regular check on your weight and weigh yourself twice a week on the same scale and at the same time of the day.
- Exercises tone up the muscles but do not remove much fat. Brisk waking for an hour per day will make you lose only 300 grams per week but helps improve blood circulation. Doing exercises as well as eating less is the best way to lose weight permanently.
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water a day.
- Coffee or tea without sugar or milk is very low in calories.
- Larger meals at longer intervals are more fattening than smaller meals at smaller intervals.
- Cut down on sugar. Watch for “hidden” sugar in processed foods like bread, ketchup, salad dressing, canned fruit, applesauce, peanut butter, and soups.
- Never skip breakfast and eat at least 3 meals and 2 snacks each day.
- Drink a glass of water before and after whatever you eat.