Green tea is also rich in vitamins such as B12, C, E, A, B1, and K. Green tea also have minerals such as iron, calcium, zinc and others.
Some other ingredients in green tea are essential oils, gallic acid, carotenoids, soluble dietary fiber and small amount of carbohydrate.
Some health benefits of drinking green tea are:
- Green tea serves as stress relievers and help relax the nerves. It is also known to prevent cognitive diseases such as dementia and amnesia.
- Drinking green tea makes the skin radiant, keeps hair healthy and reduce signs of aging such as wrinkles, freckles and others.
- Green tea is rich in antioxidants that help lower cholesterol and maintain blood pressure.
- Green tea helps in strengthening immune system to fight disease.
- Drinking green tea could cure colds and coughs.
- Green tea is rich in epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is a powerful antioxidant and helps to prevent and destroy cancer cells.
- Green tea also acts as a bactericide and destroy bacteria that cause plaque and tooth decay.
- Green tea is also known to prevent cardiovascular disease such as heart attacks and clogged arteries.
- Green tea help relieve certain symptoms of menopause such as mood swings and sleep disorders.